Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mileage on the tires
 Today was a fun day of plein air. The weather was perfect, the company was great and I didn't even want to throw any of my paintings away today. I painted with Thom Robinson, Pam Newell and Donna Shortt today. We started at Adrians orchard and after that Thom had to leave. The rest of us went out to whiteland to paint at another artist's house. After all was said and done I had five paintings that didn't turn out awful after getting them out of my carriers upon returning home. The top painting is the first that was completed. There is a yellow trailer with a tire in it, sitting by the parking lot of the orchard that caught my attention. I like the abstract shapes and patterns created when you zoom in on old machinary. The bottom painting was the last done today. After everyone else had gone I was there looking for one more painting before heading out myself. There was an old worn out trail leading back to a group of large trees. Today was fun and got me excited for this weekend. I might not be able to post anything the next couple of days but when I do get something up it will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment