Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Busy Days
Last night I was celebrating Halloween with my family at my aunt and uncles. After we went trick or treating with my daughter we set up talking until we were tired. I had planned on doing some paintings after the trick or treating but things didn't work out that way. So this morning after eating breakfast and getting everything ready to leave I did this quick painting of a tree outside their backdoor. This was the first watercolor I have done in two months and I wasn't sure if I even remembered how to do it. I kept this color palette simple. After working with oils, mixing the watercolors seems much more easy. This was done fairly quickly and I think keeping this little watercolor journal when pastels or oils is out of the question would be a good idea. After getting home I took some photos of the new paintings outside and am currently toneing some oil panels. With any speed I can get another watercolor done before my daughter wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment