Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Oil break
 Today I had planned on doing the next step in my process but I went to oil class and decided to post this up instead. We spent the first hour and a half talking about composition so we only had the last hour and a half to paint. I got to work quicker than I would have liked. I only did one quick sketch and decided to go for it. About half way through the painting I decided the front vase wasn't any good and almost threw the painting in the trash. Then I decided to give the palette knife a go. The palette knife is fairly alien to me compared to a brush and I liked it. I don't want to fall to heavy on the palette knife in the future but this painting turned out alright. The bottom photo shows that the values worked out and that always makes me feel confident in the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment