Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Today's plans foiled
 Today I had planned on continuing the abstract series and was foiled by muddy paper. The other papers my daughter had drawn on were cheaper and lighter papers. That coupled with her poking holes in most of the drawings made me take another route today. These are two of the many rock formation studies that I did today. They are a lot of fun to do and are only 4 by 5 inches at max so I can get a lot of them done. This got me to thinking I should do a mini landscape elements series. If it wasn't so difficult to do pastels in the studio right now I would continue on with the old series but as things stand I'm going to have to put the pastels on hold. These small paintings will be easier to do on a daily basis and will help build up some knowledge on these individual elements so it is easier to put them together in larger paintings. I've already got a lot of river and waterfall paintings that have been on my mind but I wasn't sure how to do the rocks. Once I get water and trees down those paintings should flow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment