Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Good problems to have
Today my daughter got into my watercolor paper and took some pencils to town across it. She made some interesting marks that didn't look recognizable so I decided to make an abstract out of it instead of erasing it. I'm happy with how this turned out with all things considered. Typically if she gets a hold of something that she isn't supposed to it doesn't end well. After she did it I let her have a few more pieces of paper to play with. If I have time the next couple of days it will be devoted to completing her abstract series. Painting abstracts helps me get over the hump in the road that occasionally happens. After the last couple days of working on pastels I remembered how hard they are to do in the house. Pastels are much more suited for working outdoors or in a studio that is set up to extract the dust. Thankfully Ron Burgess  http://ronburgessart.com/ (you should check out his work) showed me how to make a quick trow for collecting fragments and most dust but somehow I still seem to make a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment