Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Field study
The edge of tree lines are always fascinating to me. There is sometimes a tree that stands out away from the rest and has a character of its own while the rest of the trees become the woods. When I will drive tractor for my dad during planting season I'm always watching the tree lines with their shapes and colors. They change the entire time you are driving. Every time you turn around and go back you get to look at it from afar all the way to almost touching it (and you will if you're not paying attention). Also depending on how big the field is, you can see it change over the course of an entire day. During the morning the entire front side of the tree line could be lit up and 5 hours later everything but the top and largest trees sticking out are in complete darkness.
Anyway watching the scenes around me always kept me from getting bored while out there. This will be the last daily watercolor in this series. I'm deciding to cut the watercolors short and move on to pastels. It is always excited to be working on them and hopefully it shows in the upcoming paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment