Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A windy day
Today was a plein air day that kept me on my toes the entire time. I painted with Pam Newell this morning and then tried to paint on my own this afternoon. It started out nice with some sun and a few clouds but then the wind came bringing the rain with it. This is the first painting from the morning. It's 10"x20" which is on the large side for my pastels. This painting took a little over an hour to complete once I had set up and gotten everything going. Working larger and quicker is loosening up my style and hopefully putting me in a place I'm comfortable with style-wise. This painting felt a lot like a painting I did in Brookville that I liked a lot. I'm going to let this one set for a bit to see how I like it later.

Tonight after everyone else had gone to bed I began framing. Now I'm the proud owner of 4 completely finished paintings. The two oils that I framed are two of my favorite paintings that I've done so far. I think it is a good thing that my newest paintings are typically my favorites. It keeps me from getting attached to them and makes it much easier to let them go after framing new ones. The next item on the list for tonight is to write up an autobiography and resume to send off to some people that just became owners of my work. That is the kind of leg work that I'm thrilled to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment