Monday, September 5, 2011

Painting at Garfield Park
This morning I went to Garfield Park and painted. I got there around 8 this morning and there were only runners and people walking their dogs around the park. The wind was strong and while waiting for the first painting to dry the wind caught it and ripped it off of the easel. Thankfully I caught it before it went across a large parking lot. That would have been a good way to ruin the day before it began. For the most part it was calm the entire time I was there. I got a few questions like typical but nothing wild or rude. There were actually a few people that had some interesting stuff to say about the park that made me want to return later on.

This first painting was of a group of trees that overlapped and stacked on each other from an angle that I liked. The front tree was lighter and naturally stuck out, so it seemed fitting to showcase it. The spacing and rhythm of the trees from this angle was pleasing to me and the hill they sat on and the path in front of them all fit well together. There were a lot of things I would like to paint in this park so look for more paintings in the future from Garfield Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment