Saturday, August 13, 2011

State Fair Plein Air paint out

Today I am painted out. I went to the fair grounds at 9 and checked in for the paint out. Duane King was there when I was walking in so that was good seeing him. He took second place in the professional division. After check in it was hard to decide a place to paint so I walked around the entire fair. The first place I decided to paint was the Pepsi coliseum from across the track. It was all right but the roof for the building looked awful so I scrapped it. The second painting was of a red trailer over on the very north fence. It was under a tree with a bunch of chickens and guineas running around it. I set up in the shade of the tree and listened to a lumberjack competition while painting. After loosing track of time I booked it across the entire fairgrounds in about 8 minutes to arrive with a few minutes to spare. Anyway I stuck around until the judging and I won the non-professional division. That was exciting and now I am painted out and will pick up tomorrow. Also I forgot to take a picture of the painting so that will be up at the end of the fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment