Monday, July 18, 2011

Second Attempt

After looking at the first painting I wanted to play around with negative painting. I haven't set down and thought about negative painting for a while so this was a lot of fun. I realize there are problem areas but the process is a lot of fun. Where the road leads into the woods is way to dark currently. The second area of dark grass is too dark as well. Tomorrow when I am less tired I will add some more dark to the understory of the trees to see if I can get it closer in value to the dark at the road. Since that area isn't getting any lighter perhaps pushing the rest of the area around it back will help the foreground pop out more. Defining the power lines better would be good as well. The smaller power lines are difficult to keep smooth. One slight move or added pressure and it goes from thin to thick quickly.
I'm pleased with this painting so far. If it doesn't turn out well it will most likely be from me hurrying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment