Sunday, July 17, 2011

The direction I want to go

After my painting today and thinking about where I would like to go with all of this, I've decided to set some parameters for myself.
For 30 days I will paint according to a set of guidelines that I have set for myself. At the 15 day mark I will review the previous days and decide to continue or slightly alter my guidelines for the rest of the timeline. At the end of the 30 days I will write a synopsis on the process as well as the paintings. Occasionally I will post extended views of 120 to 180 days.
My current guidelines are for the next 30 days I will be painting 15 photographs twice. These photos will be altered when I do value studies and color plans. The first 15 paintings will be watercolors and the last 15 will be in pastel. The watercolors will be done with materials that I am not familiar or comfortable with. The pastels will be done with techniques that I struggle with and only in hard pastels.
By the end of this time line if I like 1/3 of the paintings I will consider that a huge success. Within six months the plan is to have the numbers down to 1/2 to 1/2.5 paintings that I like.
The painting above is from back home. This is about 2 miles from my parents house. My dad farms the field I was standing in and the one I was looking at. With time I will paint all the farm ground and equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment