Friday, July 15, 2011

Richmond Paint Out


Today is a busy day so I will not be able to paint until tonight. But, in the spirit of posting a painting everyday here is a pastel from this past Saturday. This was done at the Indiana Plein Air Painters Association (IPAPA) paint out in Richmond. This is the first event I had been to with the IPAPA. Richmond is a long drive and I was hesitant to go. I had only painted in plein air one time before. Once there I got to talking to two artist who invited me along to paint with them. After some time I struck out on my own. One of the guys gave me directions to the place above. There was a river running alongside a park and I found this little S bend in the river. The shadows from the trees on the right bank cast over the water and onto the shore of the other side drew me to the spot.    

For any Indiana artist that has never been to an IPAPA event I would highly recommend it. The people hosting the event are friendly, there are a lot of great artist to watch and learn from, and its good practice to get out there and paint.

Here is a link to their website. http://inpainters.org/  Their next paint out is less than a month away so mark it down if you're in the area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment