Saturday, July 16, 2011



Red vs Blue

Today I was busy and didn't start painting until 10:15. This is the product of rushing through a painting in an hour and doing everything the wrong way. I think the composition of this painting is strong besides the road in the foreground. Now on to the bad parts. The painting looks sloppy and the brushwork is a mess. The brush strokes used for the grass were poorly executed and far to many were placed without proper planning before hand. After realizing the mistake, I tried to force in massive amounts of paint to cover it up which looks even more rushed and not thought out than before. I do think the values are decent and if I have time I will paint this again later. Next time I will start with the darks instead of trying to build up layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment