Monday, July 25, 2011

 More Barns


Today I painted the same scene twice, with differences in the cropping and styles. The first painting is a tighter style that is painted from the distance to the foreground in layers. The second is painted darkest values to lightest and is a looser style compared to the first. I think the second painting has more potential for further paintings but the first turned out better this time. The depth reads well in the first painting. The second painting I learned more from. The tree should have a better defined shape. It could read better against the high contrast small barn behind it. Also the shadow needs to be defined better. When the pastel version of this painting is done I will go with the second painting as a template and alter it from what I've learned. I'm happy with how they turned out given the short amount of time spent drawing and finishing the paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment