Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Paint while you can
This is a little 4x6 painting I did off of my back porch. It was a little over a week ago. Now all the leaves are gone and it looks completely different. Painting whenever you have the chance is the only way to get something down unless you want to wait a full year for it again. Sure you have a month or so, but if you are doing your best to get out and paint all over the place its hard to get back to a certain spot at the right time of day to paint something you could have before. My new practice is to stop myself and do these little small paintings if nothing else just to capture what I'm seeing. This only took 20 minutes and every time I look at that tree I think I know it better than ever before. Paint often, paint quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment