Sunday, August 28, 2011

Late Start
I was busy this morning so it wasn't until after 5 that I made it out the door to paint. That was a mistake. After driving around out in the country for about 30 minutes I decided to head back into town and go to the park. After walking around for another half an hour I stumbled upon a little crook in the river. The sun was getting fairly low at that point and it was shinning at the top of the bend. After I put down the under painting the light on the bend disappeared. Once the light was gone it started to get dark quickly where I was at. The darkness was followed by frustration and a ton of mosquitoes. By the time I had decided to quit the painting had come close to finding a new home in the river. But I'm not the kind of person to throw expensive paper in water so I brought it back, took some pictures, and wiped it down. Always remember to spray yourself down with bug spray before you go out there in the afternoon. That or roll around in some mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment